- highest possible efficiency due to the fact that the gear and the payload are completely supported by roller bearings
- automatic traversing movement
- variable traversing speeds ranging from 0 m/s to a maximum
of 4.2 m/s; can also be separately set for the two directions with constant rotation of the shaft
- variable traversing width and traversing position
- high dynamics at the points of reversal
- can be released from the shaft
- low operating costs
- low maintenance requirements
Uhing® Rolling ring drives are friction drives which convert the constant rotary movement of a plain shaft into a traversing movement. They operate like nuts on a screw rod but have a pitch – either right-handed or left-handed – that can be precisely adjusted and can equal zero. This effect is achieved by using pivoted Uhing® rolling rings that are mounted on roller bearings and have a specially shaped running surface which is pressed against the rotating shaft. A roller lever capable of making contact with cams arranged along the stroke path makes it possible to implement even complicated patters of motion.
UMD Uhing Motion Drive® Animation
Input and control of parameters for speed, action/reversal points, traversing widths occurs via the convenient touch panel. The function keys are used to access the respective submenus such as motion programmes, task memory, maintenance management, or troubleshooting.